Sunday, March 15, 2009

Zora Textstraction

Over the past couple of weeks I have been working on a new form of fine art I call TEXTSTRACTION. This style of art uses words as the basis to add abstract elements to the art. In this information age I wanted to use art as an instrument for greater more focused information on a subject. In March I was asked to create a mural to commemorate Harlem Renaissance writer and folklorist Zora Neale Hurston. Using the Elements and introducing Textstraction I completed this piece for a restaurant that will be opening in Northwest Washington, DC.

Photos: GA Gardner creating Mural on 8x8ft wall.
Close up shot of 'Zora Textstraction' Mural.
'Murals for Zora' opening night reception.

1 comment:

qc.carlos said...

Hi GA I didn't know that was your mural! No joking, to me it's perhaps the most attractive mural in that place. I posted a video of the exhibit opening party in my blog. Also I just checked my messages, so let's get together soon.